Golden Visa, is the fastest track for non-european union foreign investors to obtain Residency Permits in Portugal, and consequently enjoy freedom of movement in the Schengen countries (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden and Switzerland).
- Residence permit to live, work or study in Portugal for a five-year period, which may subsequently be made permanent.
- Freedom of movement within the Schengen area.
- Possibility of family reunification.
- Possibility of applying for Portuguese citizenship by naturalization after six years.
- Access to social security, health care and state schools, including universities.
- Transfer of capital to the amount of one million euros or more;
- Creation of at least 10 jobs;
- Purchase of property to the value of 500,000 euros or more (may be more than one property);
- Purchase of property constructed within the last 30 years or which is located in an urban regeneration area and the renovation work carried out on the properties purchased is worth 350,000 euros or more;
- The abovementioned amounts may be reduced by 20% if the properties are located in areas with a population density under 100 inhabitants per km2 or if the region’s GDP is below 75% of the national average.
See also information for Non-Habitual Residents or contact our team to find out more about real estate investments in Portugal.